Meeting 4th January 2021
Online Parish Council meeting
Link to follow:
MEETING OF EDINGALE PARISH COUNCIL
Monday 4th January 2021 at 7.30
The meeting will take place online. Residents may follow the link below to observe the meeting or to take part in the public session:
Meeting ID: 838 3329 9291
or contact the clerk on email@example.com to request this by email.
- To receive and approve apologies.
- To receive any Declarations of Interests.
- To approve the Minutes of the Meeting of 7th December 2020.
- To adjourn the meeting, to hold the Public Session, and to reconvene the meeting.
- To receive the Clerk’s report.
- To consider any planning matters.
- To consider replacement of Edingale name signs.
- To consider a policy on tendering for contracts.
- To consider contingency plans to ensure continuity of Parish Council business.
- To receive correspondence.
- To receive Councillors’ Reports.
- To receive the Financial Report.
- To approve payments on the payment schedule.
- Date of next meeting – Monday 1st February 2021.
DRAFT MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Meeting of the Parish Council
held on Monday 4th January 2021
at 7.30 pm, online.
Cllr Startin (Chair)
Present: Mrs M Jones, Clerk
1. To receive and approve apologies
Cllr Cliffe had been unable to join for technical reasons and had apologised. The apology was accepted.
2. To receive any Declarations of Interest
3. To approve the draft Minutes of the meeting of 7th December 2020
The Minutes were approved and would be signed by the Chair at the next face to face meeting of the Council.
4. To hold the Public Session
No members of the public had attended.
5. To receive the Clerk’s Report
A road closure notice had been received for the closure of Croxall Road near Croxall Hall on 11th January, for BT works between 9.30 and 3.30. This would be displayed on the notice board, website and Edingale Facebook page.
The Information Commissioner had confirmed the Parish Council’s annual data protection renewal.
Non-urgent works orders had been confirmed for the potholes in Pessall Lane.
6. To consider any planning matters
- New application: 20/01780/ABN Brookhouse Farm, Raddle Lane; erection of agricultural building for storage of machinery and produce. No objection.
- Staffordshire County Council: further consultation on application for sand and gravel extraction and associated infrastructure to provide concrete for HS2 on land south of the A38 at Orgreave. New documents were available. It was agreed not to send further comments; the Parish Council had already expressed concerns about a cumulative increase in HGV traffic from this and other quarrying sites along the A38.
|20/00647/OUT||Land adj Walton House, Church Hollow||Outline application for the erection of one dwelling||Pending consideration|
|20/01005/FUL||The Barn, Mill Lane||COU to live/work unit||Pending consideration|
|20/00560/LBC||Chetwynd Bridge||Listed building consent for works to bridge||Pending consideration|
|20/01278/FUH||Woodside Barn, Mill Lane||conversion of existing garage, new link section and carport||Pending consideration|
|20/01326/FUL||6 Holding||extension of existing cow shed, construction of another||Approved|
|20/01325/FUL||6 Holding||extension of existing cow shed, roof to muck store||Approved|
Solar Farm consultation: issues raised by local people were being examined.
7. To consider replacement of Edingale name signs
It was agreed that the surface film on the existing signs was eroding and that some of the posts were not secure. Although replacement was not urgent, this would be needed in due course. It could cost around £1500 for each sign for a similar size. A local graphic designer would be asked for advice on updating the logo, which could then be used in the design of new signs. It was RESOLVED in the meantime to request a quote for the cleaning of the signs.
8. To consider a policy on tendering for contracts
It was agreed that the Financial Regulations and Annual Maintenance Contract were adequate. The contract was issued on an annual basis but would be renewed each year providing the Parish Council was satisfied with the work done. It was RESOLVED that the Parish Council would tender for the contract every five years to ensure best value. It had been agreed to renew the contract for 2021 and the additional strimming work requested last year in Church Lane and two footpaths near the church would be added to this.
9. To consider contingency plans for continuity of Parish Council business
The Clerk had begun preparing information to be shared with the Chair and another Cllr on the location of files and key information such as passwords. It was RESOLVED that a policy would be developed, and this would include critical tasks and priorities for the performance of the Parish Council.
10. To receive correspondence
Staffordshire Parish Councils Association; bulletins, Cllr training available to book for January/February
Lichfield District Council; news items, funding opportunities, statement from Leader, information for event and festival organisers
Transforming the Trent Valley; meeting 19th January
Community Speed Watch; information for volunteers
Western Power; Christmas Lights calculation
Staffordshire Community Foundation; newsletter
11. To receive Councillors’ Reports
Cllr Mason had met the fencing contractor who had advised that the bridge over the Right of Way to the south of the church was in a worse condition than expected. He would send a quote for the repairs.
Cllr Lacey advised that on the Right of Way from Raddle Lane to Lullington Road the stile and fencing was broken. The Clerk would report this. He also commented that the footway by the Church was slippery and asked for the Church Warden to be informed of the need to make it safe.
12. To receive the Financial Report
The bank reconciliation was given; there was £11,615 in the current account.
The Buckinghamshire Building Society Bond had been renewed, including £458 interest. It had been agreed to move monies from the Cooperative Deposit Account to the Cambridge Council Saver account, there would need to be a transfer to the current account and then a cheque signed, this would be done later in the year.
13. To approve the payments on the payment schedule
Mrs M Jones, salary and expenses, £392.74, including laptop repair at £115.
It was RESOLVED to approve the payment. Cllr Startin would authorise this.
- Date of next meeting
Monday 1st February 2021 at 7.30 p.m. online.
The meeting closed at 8.20 p.m.