Meeting 6th April 2021
Held on line on Tuesday after Easter
Agenda available the week before the meeting
MEETING OF EDINGALE PARISH COUNCIL
Tuesday 6th April 2021 at 7.30
The meeting will take place online. Residents may follow the link below to observe the meeting or to take part in the public session:
https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88387478102 or contact the clerk on firstname.lastname@example.org to request this by email.
- To receive and approve apologies.
- To receive any Declarations of Interests.
- To approve the Minutes of the Meeting of 1st March 2021.
- To hold the Public Session.
- To receive the Clerk’s Report.
- To consider any planning matters.
- To consider quote for bridge repair on footpath 14.
- To consider registration of land in Church Walk.
- To consider honours nominations.
- To receive correspondence.
- To receive Councillors’ Reports.
- To receive the Financial Report.
- To approve payments on the payment schedule.
- Date of next meeting (Tuesday 4th May).
DRAFT MINUTES OF PARISH COUNCIL MEETING
Meeting of the Parish Council
held on Tuesday 6th April 2021
at 7.30 pm, online.
Cllr Startin (Chair)
Present: Mrs M Jones, Clerk and one member of the public.
1. To receive and approve apologies
There were no apologies.
2. To receive any Declarations of Interest
3. To approve the draft Minutes of the meeting of 1st March 2021
The Minutes were approved and would be signed by the Chair at the next face to face meeting of the Council.
4. To hold the Public Session
No comments were made by the public.
5. To receive the Clerk’s Report
Mease Meadows Woodland – a letter had been sent and a reply received indicating that the woodland would open in April, an acknowledgement would be sent.
Annual Parish Meeting – this would be held online prior to the Annual Meeting of the Council on May 4th, village organisations would be invited to join the meeting or send in reports.
Website – the developers had issued advice about accessibility and the recommended changes had been made.
Annual appraisal – this would take place between the Chair and Clerk, the outcomes to be agreed at the next meeting.
6. To consider any planning matters
(i) New applications:
- 21/00475/FUH, The Old Post Office; removal of existing side extension and replacement with two storey extension, replacement of conservatory with sun room to rear, removal of existing porch. It was agreed that the proposals were more in keeping with the original building, they took into account nearby heritage properties and would have no adverse effects on neighbours. A request would be made to minimise disruption from construction vehicles to the pathway and road.
- 21/00277/COU, Woodside Barn, Mill Lane; change of use of paddock to form part of domestic curtilage and erection of car port structure. This would have no adverse effects and no objection would be raised.
- 21/00553/FUL, 12 Church Lane; erection of single storey rear extension. This would have no impact on neighbouring properties, no objections.
(ii) Planning Appeal; a notification had been made under ref 21/00005/REF for the access drive at Glebefields, Mill Lane. As the Parish Council had not previously objected no written comment would be sent. However a Cllr had expressed concerns about a large timber building at the property and the Planning Department would be contacted to ask whether this was permitted development or whether planning permission was required. Cllrs were concerned that temporary buildings in the area later became the subject of planning applications which would lead to over development of the rural setting.
(iii) Staffordshire County Council; further information on planning application L.20/03/867, land south of A513 at Orgreave. No further comments to be sent.
7. To consider quote for bridge repair on footpath 14.
It was RESOLVED to accept the quote of £767.85 from Wilson Traditional Farming for a complete replacement of the footbridge.
Cllr Startin also confirmed that the landowner of the path from Raddle Lane to Lullington Road intended to install a kissing gate on the Right of Way.
8. To consider registration of land in Church Walk.
It was RESOLVED to inform all interested parties of the Parish Council’s intention to register ownership of the footway leading from Church Lane towards Church Walk. A letter and plan would be sent to Highways, Lichfield Diocese, two properties nearest to the path, and a copy placed in the notice board.
9. To consider honours nominations
It was agreed that further information on one of the nominees would be obtained and that the Clerk would submit the nominations once this was available.
10.To receive correspondence
SPCA, bulletins and training
Lichfield District Council news items, grant schemes, elections
PCSO Costas Karpi, information on nitrous oxide
Trent Rivers Trust, newsletter
Police Fire and Crime Commissioner’s People Power Fund
Resident regarding tarmac deposited in layby near Harlaston bridge; Lichfield District Council had been informed but this was difficult to remove; also asking for signs on Harlaston Road warning traffic about pedestrians; Highways would be contacted.
11. To receive Councillors’ Reports
Further information had been received and reported on potholes in Pessall Lane.
The Village Hall AGM would take place on line on 10th April.
Cllr Mason reported that progress was being made on designs for village signs. Cllr Startin commented that a similar style to those at Barton under Needwood could be adopted.
Cllr Mason had been approached by a resident regarding the untidy property on Croxall Road where a dropped kerb was due to be installed. Bromford were aware of this.
12.To receive the Financial Report
The bank reconciliation was given; there was £11,030 in the current account to be carried forward. The end of year accounts and performance against budget had been circulated.
As receipts and payments were under £25,000 the Parish Council would self certify the accounts. The Internal Audit would be arranged and the Annual Governance Report would be completed shortly.
13.To approve the payments on the payment schedule
Mrs M Jones, salary and expenses, £283.86;
Staffordshire Parish Council’s Association, annual subs, £199;
Holy Trinity Church, churchyard grant £900;
Eon, Christmas lighting £11.94;
Village Gardeners, village sign cleaning, £60, March mowing, £490.46.
It was RESOLVED to approve the payments, Cllr Startin would authorise them.
Date of next meeting
TUESDAY 4th May 2021, Annual Parish Meeting at 7.30 p.m. online, followed by the Annual Meeting of the Parish Council at 7.45pm.
The meeting closed at 8.40 p.m.